The Many Health Benefits of Avocados

The Many Health Benefits of Avocados

Everybody loves avocados, but we here at The Jazzy Panda adore them so much, that we dedicated an entire clothing line to them, which you can view HEREAvocados are a delectable fruit that is loved across the world. Used in guacamole, dips, soups, and simply eaten plain, there are many different culinary uses for avocados across a wide range of cuisines. The good news for avocado lovers is that the big green berries really pack a nutritional punch that can be beneficial for anybody’s health. If you just can’t stop eating avocados, have a look at how healthy they are for and keep on enjoying them!

 

Healthy Fatty Acids

 

Avocados are high in fat, but that doesn’t mean that they are unhealthy. The fat that they contain is a monounsaturated fat known as oleic acid. This healthy fat is known to reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer. It is good for your heart, so you can keep eating avocados without worrying about health issues down the line. Avocado oil is also an excellent and healthy choice for cooking due to its oxidation resistance levels.

 

Abundance of Fiber

 

Avocado has a healthy balance of soluble and insoluble fiber, with 25% of the fiber in an avocado being soluble and the other 75% being insoluble. Fiber is a vital part of any diet as it contributes to healthy gut bacteria and helps us to regulate blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. It also helps to normalize bowel movements, making for stronger overall digestive health. If you want a satisfying food that is great for weight loss, stick with avocados, as fiber helps there too.

 

Antioxidant Properties

 

Avocadoes contain nutrients called Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which helps protect eye health by reducing the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. In addition to this, the fats in the avocado can help you to absorb antioxidants that are present in other foods, so they help your body to work as one to improve multiple facets of your health!

 

They Can Lower Your Cholesterol

 

High LDL cholesterol and triglyceride numbers are heavily linked to heart disease, so it is important to keep these numbers in check while maintaining a healthy level of HDL cholesterol. Studies show that there is a correlation between increased avocado intake and the reduction of triglycerides and LDL cholesterol. They also show that avocados can help to increase HDL cholesterol, which is the good cholesterol. Keeping these numbers at the right levels can go a long way in helping you have a healthier future.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published